Lead LGCPI's development and execution of pack/module thermal designs for Lithium-ion battery systems by providing leadership in thermal technical decisions and direction.
- Manage & review the thermal design of pack/module development programs for battery system and associated components by properly understanding customer requirements.
- Design and develop battery pack fluid delivery system and components including selection and sizing of pumps, ducts, pipes, tubes, fans, blowers, hoses, formed tubes, formed hoses, molded manifolds, retention features, seals, couplers, inlet/outlet quick connects. This includes potential refrigerant cooling. NVH knowledge is a plus.
- Assist in developing proposals for new RFI/RFQs, including preparation of all Thermal Technical design and analysis materials.
- Lead thermal design of pack/module of battery system to maintain project-level development timing.
- Develop thermal design to ensure serviceability, manufacturability and other performance attributes for battery packs and modules.
- Test and validate cooling systems used in advanced battery systems. Applications include Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV) and PHEV battery packs.
- Develop product validation and verification plans at the component and battery pack assembly level. Assist in the development of comprehensive design verification and validation activities, including writing test procedures, environmental testing fixtures and data acquisition systems.
- Develop working relationships with Customers, as well as Vendors.
- Develop and maintain core and application-specific engineering specifications.
- Perform Technical Design Reviews with affiliated companies, and with customers.
- Lead the future innovation activities to promote and develop new evolutionary design changes to stay competitive in the industry
- Standardize thermal system designs and components. Support product design and development activities along with preparation of 8D troubleshooting efforts on Thermal systems.
- Perform all upfront CAE analysis to ensure design thermal performance.
- Support product design and development activities along with production troubleshooting efforts on Thermal systems.
- Lead Technical Design Reviews within LG Chem, affiliated companies and customers.
- Facilitate technical and leadership growth for engineers and designers within pack department.
- Lead concept design for proposal of battery pack development with early requirements definition; translate customer performance requirements
- Work with mechanical and E/E technicians to build robust prototypes
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in thermal design, validation and release of thermal system components, preferably in BEV/HEV/PHEV industry.
- 2 years of working experience as a technical expert.
- Verified experience with Thermal analysis software STAR CCM+, Fluent or TAITherm.
- Hands-on experience with CAD tools (SolidWorks or CATIA).
- Working experience with Quality & Reliability disciplines (FMEA, 8D, APQP).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), with ability to discuss technical materials with wide range of audiences.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required. thermal major/focus preferred.
Full Benefit Package available