The Embedded Software Development Technical Lead Engineer reports to the Software Systems Engineering Manager, and works in a cross-functional development group. In this dynamic and demanding environment, your primary responsibility will be to provide technical leadership for the development of a product or product family of Battery Management Systems (BMS) that operate and safeguard high energy Lithium Ion battery packs for production automotive applications. The pace of work is fast and it is important to be able to work effectively, interface directly with customers and suppliers and deliver on commitments. There will be opportunities to learn new skills, mentor others, and develop s/w solutions and architecture within a team culture steeped in novel development and validation methodologies including AUTOSAR and Model-Based Development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Software Technical Lead has sufficient skills and experience to define and lead execution of best practice software design, verification and analysis during system development or redeployment of BMS software stacks for multiple automotive applications.
Specific responsibilities at the Software Technical Lead level include:
- Defines technical direction for the programs embedded software. Provides high level definitions of solutions to address customer requirements. Assists team members in getting clarification of requirements from customer.
- Provides planning information (task definition/scope/effort/when needed, risk identification and analysis, skills/technology requirements) to the Software Project Manager, and supports work plan discussions with the customer.
- Leads discussion of technical issues with customer.
- Leads the technical team to define and execute work plans, provide status and adjust to changing requirements
- Acts as lead development engineer with development, architectural and/or oversight responsibility for performance- or safety-critical software modules
- Provides input and analysis to the Software Change Review Board
- Tracks and analyses software requirements changes. Translates customer requirements into detailed software requirements and design. Leads requirements analysis with stakeholders including customer or internal teams involved in h/w, system, mechanical and thermal design. Leads development of ECRs.
- Leads Quality, Reliability and Robustness efforts (DFMEA, Fault Tree analysis, CARs etc)
- Reviews and corrects functional design and analysis conducted by team members including software design documentation. Leads team to implement agreed designs in conformance with best practice and re-use plans. Leads code and design reviews. Provides trouble shooting analysis
- Responsible for Code Construction, Static Analysis, Unit Test, Peer Reviews (authoring, participating)
- Ensures revision management of work products
- Develops plans for and leads integration test. Leads and supports issue resolution.
- Maintains technical s/w issues list for the program. Reports on technical issues to LGCPI and Ford.
- Minimum 5 years embedded systems development
- Structured software design and code development methods (e.g. SPICE/CMMI)
- Software lifecycles (development/deployment). Experience with CMMI level 3 desired
- Automotive network data structures, protocols, (e.g. CAN, GM LAN, FNOS, J1939) desired
- ISO-26262/IEC-61508 desired
- Hardware design experience desired
- M.S in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Ability to interface well with internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently or as a lead member on a development team
- Demonstrated history of delivering quality automotive embedded software products to market
- Strong Familiarity with C, C++, Assembly languages
- Matlab/Simulink/RTW experience for embedded automotive applications highly desirable
- Quality & Reliability disciplines (FMEA, 8D, APQP)
- Major automotive microprocessors (Motorola/Freescale, Intel, STMicro). MEC55x desired.
- HV battery systems desired
Full Benefit Package Available