SW Development Engineer:
The Embedded Software Development Engineer reports to the Software Engineering Manager, and works in a cross-functional development group. The Engineer will have the opportunity to work on SW architecture, design, and development of existing and new BMS functionality in the areas of low level driver development, OS, CAN Stacks, diagnostics, battery cell and pack monitoring, thermal control, customer application, ISO 26262 compliance software and much more.
The Embedded Software Development Engineer has sufficient skills and experience to execute best practice software design, verification and analysis during system development or redeployment. The Development engineer will follow industry established standards and process in developing software, additionally; will work effectively and efficiently towards meeting ASPICE process goal. He/She will also provide sufficient documentation and design descriptions to development and management team(s), as well as customers.
Job Tasks / Responsibilities
- Takes direction from the Software Technical Lead.
- Primary responsibility for one or more modules of the LGCPI Battery Management System software.
- Responsible for code construction, static analysis, unit testing and peer reviews, and ensuring proper revision control of all work products
- Works independently to execute work plans and provide status updates and adjust to changing requirements.
- Participates in the Software Change Review Board, including providing input and analysis and joining in the decision making process.
- Tracks and analyses software requirements changes.
- Translates customer requirements into detailed software requirements and design as needed.
- Supports Quality, Reliability and Robustness efforts (DFMEA, Fault Tree analysis.)
- Support troubleshooting of software issues for both development and production software releases, including troubleshooting software running on electronics hardware, battery packs and vehicles.
- Ensures revision management of work products
- Supports Software Validation Team in designing appropriate requirements validation.
- Must have – B.S in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Must have – M.S in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong Familiarity with C, C++, Assembly languages
- Matlab/Simulink/RTW experience for embedded automotive applications highly desirable
- Quality & Reliability disciplines (FMEA, 8D, APQP)
- Major automotive microprocessors (Motorola/Freescale, Intel, STMicro). MEC55x desired.
- HV battery systems desired
Full Benefit Package Available