Functional Safety Engineer/Manager
We are recruiting for a Functional Safety Engineer and Manager.
- Battery System Safety Manager is responsible for ensuring that our battery systems our high voltage battery systems comply with ISO-26262 and related standards for safety. They will work very closely with internal and external engineering teams, customers, and suppliers to achieve that objective. The person is expected to have appropriate formal training, a strong analytical foundation and demonstrated capability to seek and secure relevant data and information from subject matter experts in cell characteristics, electronics, embedded software, and mechanical and thermal engineering. Direct experience with ISO 26262 is strongly desired; however, it is recognized that standard is relatively new. Therefore, demonstrated deep experience in failure mode analysis, fault-tree analysis, system diagnostics and system prognostics will be expected.
- Own and maintain battery system Technical Safety Concept and related documentation
- Review and assess customer requirements for relevant safety implications and feasibility
- Own and maintain safety-related fault analyses across electrical and electronics hardware and embedded software.
- Work closely with internal and external engineering teams, suppliers, and customer to ensure coordinated safety compliance from specifications to design to production.
- Lead system safety design reviews
- Maintain and enhance battery system design guide(s) to capture lessons learned and continuous improvement
- Deliver the System Safety Plans and Reports in a timely manner; that is, at the appropriate development gateways to ensure designs are implemented in time for validation and production.
- MS in System, Electrical, Automotive or Aerospace Engineering preferred, but BS degrees will also be considered if experience is commensurate with responsibilities.
- ISO-26262 working experience in qualifying systems with embedded HW and SW to ASCIL levels A, B and C
- Working knowledge of High Voltage Systems and designs associated with safety and related risk mitigation.
- Experience in the design and testing of energy storage systems (ESS) for use in vehicle applications Experience with simulation tools, in particular Matlab and Simulink
- Rigorous and extensive experience with FMEA and FTA at system and subsystem level for safety-critical systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers, suppliers, and subject matter experts to launch highly robust systems on time.